Day Systems, Inc. Incorporated from 1932 to 1934 at 5207 N. College Ave., Indianapolis, by Ray Anders,Gerald C. Purdy, Lauren L. Henderson, and L. Bremer. They made and sold ice cream. The building is still there where pet food is now sold.
Central Radio Supply Co. Incorporated in 1920 by Harry C. Stutz who founded the Stutz Motor Car Co. in 1913 at 1008 N. CapitolAve., Indianapolis. He sold his automobile company in 1919 to a group of investors, and started the Stutz High Duty Fire Engine Co located at 1411 N. Capitol Ave. The Stutz automobile factory building now houses the Stutz Business Center.
Copple-Lilly Co.,incorporated in 1916 located at 914 N. Scioto. Gustavus (Gus) Lilly was President and Aria E. Copple was Manager.According to their ad in the 1916 Indianapolis City Directory, the Company was a “High Class Repairing, Rebuilding, and Machine Work.” Pretty snazzy for the dawn of the automobile age!
Carbon Block Coal Co, incorporated in 1869 with Thomas A. Morris as President. At the time Morris was President of the Indianapolis & St. Louis Railroad.Morris and his associates must have set up this coal company to supply the fuel for their railroad. Morris had a varied and successful career up to this time, and was to accomplish more. He graduated from West Point in 1834, was an engineer on the expansion of the National Road through Indiana; he was the supervisor for the construction of the Central Canal through Indianapolis, as well as for the Madison & Indianapolis Railroad, finished in 1847. He was a Union Brigadier General during the Cviil War. He supervised the building of the Indiana State House, finished in 1880, and the Union Depot. He later was made President of the Indianapolis Water Co. to straighten out its muddled mess. Indianapolis would not have been the same without his works. The other directors of this coal company were local railroad executives and businessmen, including John Elder, the former editor of the Locomotive Newspaper.